Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mabel’s Labels BlogHer ‘10 Contest

Mabel's Labels BlogHer '10 contest :  www.blogcontest.mabel.ca

Write a post on your blog in response to the following hypothetical situation: Electrical storms are going to wipe out the Internet (perhaps forever). You have one day left to write about your passions: what do you want to say to the blogosphere in 300 words or less? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What?? No more internet?  You might as well be saying no more air to breath or no more chocolate (mmm sweet, sweet chocolate).  How will I survive?  How will I keep in touch with friends in far away places.  How will I display my photos for friends and family?  Wait, I'll actually have to *in-ter-act* with my family (yikes).

I've heard of times like this and vaguely remember them from my obviously deprived childhood.  We may have to get out the candles and sit in the dark... oh wait that's for no electricity.  Okay, then lets sit in a chair with our head down on our knees - nope, wrong again thats for plane crashes.  Lets just take it easy maybe the internet will still work on my blackberry.  Ah, crap, I better be able to get out of my 3 year contract for the darn blackberry!! 

Okay, back to survival plans.  Maybe I should just open a whole bunch or random things and save them to my harddrive.  That might last me a few days, okay maybe 1, well lets be realistic: 2hrs MAX.  Maybe I should just go play a few rounds of Bejeweled on Facebook to take my mind of this.  Nope, must focus.  So help me if this is a hoax I'm not going to be a happy camper... maybe its like Y2K it won't happen. 

Okay internet I guess this is goodbye  (sob).  I'll have to start shopping in person, and instead of looking something up I'll have to talk to another human.  I'll miss the glow and the tan I get from the hours in front of the monitor... I know you'll be back, but we'll both have changed and it will be awkward at first.  Goodbye dear friend, resource, time-waster.

No comments:

Post a Comment